Rugby Artists and makers Network
Composite photo: 4 artists
Composite photo: 4 (different) artists
Rugby Artists and Makers Network Logo
Rugby Artists and Makers Network aims to support creativity and makers from Rugby and the surrounding area. They work in a diverse range of media but the network offers a sense of community and encourages exploration through discussion. We feel the town of Rugby has a lot to offer and hope to provide a platform and a range of opportunities to bring our makers together and showcase their skills and expertise as well as a sharing of knowledge and love of the arts.
Our artist group take inspiration from a range of areas including the natural world, colour, light and movement. We have artists who enjoy exploring colour and challenging perceptions of where colour should fall; artists who create from the natural world through exploring botanicals, earth (clay) and metals; still others are inspired by found and recycled objects or natural textiles like wool or silk and spin and weave and “paint” with these mediums (to name but a few).
• Nicky Luntley who is a mixed media painter who uses her medium to explore colour and texture with the aim to catch your eye and stop you in your tracks.
• Ditherella's Workshop: Sterling silver jewellery, often using pieces cast from nature and found objects
• Rebecca Jane Art whose speciality is acrylic painting of land and seascapes
• Ceramicsnsilks by Tamsen Flack whose ambition this year is to combine her passions by creating ceramic lampstands with silk painted shades
• Blackberry Hare Jewellery who makes sterling silver and resin jewellery
• Jessi Illustrates: specialty is fun and colorful illustrations (child friendly) in acrylic paint
• Fiona Setchell: silk painter and designer who makes prints, print montage and silk painted accessories and decorative items
• Black Cat Silver by Jo Thomas who works in Sterling and Fine Silver with a focus on designs inspired but not necessarily imitating nature
• (We may have others demonstrating.)