Cosy Creative Crafts
Pocket Heart Hug
My mission is to:
- use my creativity to make beautiful and colourful fused glass pieces, large and small
- explore new techniques to add to the creative mix
- create a wide range of pieces so that everyone who wishes can have a piece of glass in their home
- continue to explore lampworking and gain experience to produce interesting bead based animals and hearts
- spread the pleasure that working with glass gives me with others through hands-on workshops
My vision is to:
- wake the creative opportunities with glass through inspiring others to have a go
- continue to develop lamp working skills
I get inspiration from the world around me, ideas that I create and develop or which are suggested by my friends and family. I answer the call “Mum, can you make me something like this?” with “ I’m sure I can but I’ll need to do some research first”! I use books, e-books, the internet and videos to gain broader ideas, often in other media which I then work on to see if I can create a similar effect in glass.
I have attended workshops led by other glass artists annually to develop my skills and use their knowledge and experience to broaden my horizons.
I make fun and functional glass pieces in fused glass. My pieces range from decorative hangers to useful plates, bowls, soap dishes and large coffee table dishes. I use copper punched shapes within the layers of glass and glass powders to decorate the pieces.
I have recently been inspired to make lampwork hearts with colours swirled inside and am developing these to be able to include human or pet’s ashes for the bereaved.